Zhangjiagang Lantian MachineryMore Details
Cesur BendMore Details
Zhangjiagang HuashengMore Details
Zhang jiagang Mingfeng MachineryMore Details
Zhangjiagang YongfengMore Details
Amob GroupMore Details
Hornung Mechanical EngineeringMore Details
Zhangjiagang SmartingMore Details
HAN JIE MachineryMore Details
Wauseon MachineMore Details
Mingheng Pipe Fittings MachineryMore Details
Pipe end forming machines
Forming the end of a pipe or a bar is one of the cold forming machines in which the pipe head or end or even the middle part of a pipe takes a special form. Examples of these special forms may include the expansion of the pipe head, the flattening of the pipe head, the beading of the pipe, the flanging of the pipe head or the flattening of the pipe end. These types of formings are done with pipe-end forming machines. Since the forming of pipe ends can be done in a variety of ways, the forming devices are also varied and different, and the processes for doing so will naturally be different. It is worth mentioning that most of these devices use pressure from their hydraulic jacks to perform the forming process. However, in some of these devices both pressure and rotation are required in the forming process.
The main parts of these forming machines include the body, the hydraulic jacks, the molds, etc. These machines are generally divided into three categories:
- Simple or single-station end forming machines.
- Two-station end forming machines
- Multi-station end forming machines
Simple or single-station end forming machines have a relatively simple structure in which there is a hydraulic (and sometimes pneumatic) press to create pressure as well as a forming mold. Most of these machines can use a pneumatic press to create pressure in the forming process when a great deal of force is not required for forming, when the material of the pipe is soft, and/or when the thickness of the pipe is less than one millimeter. The advantage of using this type of press is its speed of operation compared to the hydraulic press.
Two-station end forming machines have a relatively more complex structure. These machines can typically produce several various forms in different sizes. These types of machines are highly attended by manufacturers because of their high speed of production and the relatively small space they occupy. Most two-station end forming machines can both reduce and expand the tube end.
These types of devices, which have several toolboxes, can perform several processes consecutively without separating the part from the colt. In doing so, the supporting toolbox moves on the Y axis so that the tools can do the forming process one step after another. Therefore, there are two movements in these machines: movement on the x-axis to create the forming force and movement on the y-axis to change the tools or the molds.
Various pipe-end forming machines include:
- Taper pipe end forming machines
- Top bead forming machines
- Double beading machines
- Tube-end expanding machines
- Pipe-end reducing machines
- Tube Flanging machines
- Pipe chamfering machines
- Swaging machines
- Tube crimping machines
- Pipe ram forming machines
- Flare forming machines
Pipe-end forming machines are currently designed and manufactured in such a way that they can create several forms in the pipes by changing the molds.
The role of tube end forming machines in various industries
Today, it is widely known that pipe end forming machines are used in many industries to flatten the pipe ends, to twin the pipes, to flange the pipes, and to bead the pipes. Examples of such industries include home appliance manufacturing industries where, for example, home refrigerators and industrial refrigerators, gas and electric water heaters, and window and split air conditioners are produced. In general, they are used in heating and cooling industries; In the automotive industry, these machines are used to produce car radiators, gasoline pipes, brake pipes, exhaust heat exchanger pipes, and battery connections;
In the rehabilitation and laboratory industries, they are used to manufacture wheelchairs, walkers, and hospital beds.
The materials that are fed to pipe end forming machines are divided into three categories:
Tubes, bars, and parts.
- The pipes mostly used in the end forming machines are iron pipes, copper pipes, aluminum pipes, and stainless-steel pipes.
- The bars used in the end forming machines are iron bars, copper bars, brass wires, and aluminum wires.
- The material of the parts used in the end forming machines is iron. Alloy steels are used to a lesser extent.
The clamping of the pipe body in pipe forming processes such as the tube ram forming process can be done manually, mechanically, or automatically. But the part that has to apply pressure and force is usually done hydraulically, and this force can create a bulge on the pipe with pressure and force. Therefore, forming is done with a one-piece or multi-piece mold. Because the pipe is clamped using 4-segment or 8-segment colts, excessive force can create marks on the pipes or wires, making the appearance of the pipe unsightly and even slightly deformed. This damage to the appearance of the pipe is much more evident in the case of stainless-steel pipes. To prevent the deformations and the marks, we can take the following three actions:
- To increase the number of segments from 4 to 8.
- To increase the duration of clamping by segments.
- To pull a cover over the tubes - the part that should be in the colt.
The effect of using lubricating fluids, such as oil, on the tube-end forming process
Sometimes, a few wrinkles or scratches are observed on parts made by the end forming process. These wrinkles and scratches should not be related only to the forming tools, the molds, or the colts. Rather, they can be the result of doing the end forming process without applying any lubricating fluid. Because the mold or the forming tools exert direct pressure on the part and the force and pressure must be applied to the entire surface of the part, and not be concentrated at one point (the concentration of force causes shrinkage), the oil makes the tool and the mold slippery and prevents wrinkling. For more information on the types of oil and the characteristics of special oils for the formation of pipes, visit the irmco site.
What tips should we consider when buying a pipe end machine?
When buying pipe or rebar end forming machines, it is very important to pay attention to technical and commercial points. Because buying an industrial device is an investment, and the more accurate the purchase process, the better the purchase will be and the sooner the return on investment.
Technical tips include two categories: technical tips of the device and technical tips of the part or parts produced
According to research conducted by FactorNeed technical support team, it has been concluded that determining and reviewing the technical points of the device is directly dependent on the goals and expectations of the buyer from the production. If the amount of production, production variety and production time are not determined, the information and capability of the end-of-pipe forming machines will be checked with a lot of errors.
Technical points of the part or parts examine the external and internal characteristics of the parts. It also allows you to buy the most powerful device at the end of the pipe. This machine can have good adaptability to the production line and increase production.
Finally, after agreeing with the manufacturer on the device suitable for production, consider the business tips, including how to purchase, transport, delivery and installation, and after-sales service, and make the necessary agreements.
21 tips that can be useful for buying a pipe end machine:
- Prepare industrial drawings of parts along with technical descriptions including dimensions, material, thickness, tolerances and accuracy, etc. and send them to the device manufacturer or sellers.
- Specify the production rate, number of working days, number of working shifts and working hours of each shift.
- Determine the type of tools and workers according to the type of parts and the offer of the device manufacturer.
- You can also set the speed of work and the speed of tool change.
- Determine whether the hydraulic tank is integrated with the body of the device, the type of hydraulic fluid and its pressure.
- End-of-tube or end-of-tube machines can be produced in one, two or three stations to reduce production time and greater accuracy. Therefore, or according to the conditions and production parts, you can order the most suitable ones.
- The greater the number of working pieces, the less effect they have on the parts and the greater the accuracy of the work.
- Check and determine the type and concentration of lubricating fluid according to the manufacturers' suggestion and your needs.
- Describe the brand of hydraulic cylinders and electric motors.
- Determine whether the feeding is done automatically or manually.
- Explain the ability to fine-tune the tools and workers and the general settings of the device to the manufacturer of the device at the end of the pipe.
- Ask the manufacturer to facilitate the repair and replacement of worn and worn parts.
- Ask the manufacturer to provide you with a list of all wear parts.
- If the device is equipped with a numerical control system (PLC), determine its type and brand according to your wishes.
- Lubrication, cooling and lubrication operations can be done manually or automatically.
- Specify the material of hydraulic pipes and their clamps.
- Describe the environmental conditions of the workplace, including humidity, temperature changes, the amount of dust and environmental pollution.
- The maximum sound output of the end-of-pipe form device is about 50 to 65 dB (DB).
- Ask the manufacturer to name all the parts and accessories used. This will make the device easier to maintain.
- Ask the device manufacturer for the electrical circuit diagram of the device, mechanical and hydraulic systems, parts list, cable connection, device maintenance manual and its predicted errors.
- Enter the necessary agreements regarding after-sales services such as transportation, installation, training, replacement and repair warranty, etc. by the manufacturer in writing and have them signed by both parties.
Amob Group company:
The products of this orange company include various types of pipe bending machines, pipe head forming machines, roll forming machines, hydraulic press machines and peripheral systems. In the video below, you can see an example of the company's pipe head machine.