Jia Xing Jing Yong Duann MachineryMore Details
Basant GroupMore Details
Anhui Nan Xia MachineryMore Details
Dwarka Machine ToolsMore Details
EMG PressesMore Details
Gotey AutomationMore Details
GPA ItalianaMore Details
Nanjing Harsle Machine ToolMore Details
Janesville ToolMore Details
Mader PressenMore Details
Shree Gajanan EngineersMore Details
Tool Tech TechnologyMore Details
Toman Thermo SonicsMore Details
Vishwakala Machine ToolsMore Details
Vortool ManufacturingMore Details
National Pneumatic SystemsMore Details
Jay Shakti Machine ToolsMore Details
Jayshree Machine Tools PVTMore Details
Pneumatic press machines
The enforced power in a pneumatic press machine is generated through compact air or gas. An electronic system leads the gas to pipes and the power transmitting system. As pipes get filled with this gas, the resulting pressure, makes other components of the machine move. Eventually and when the process is done, gas discharges from the exit duct.
Differences between pneumatic and hydraulic press machines:
- Despite hydraulic press machines which utilize the potential of a compressed liquid in order to generate power, pneumatic press machines use compressed air - or gas - to do so.
- Oil - or whatever utilized liquid - in hydraulic press machines, aside from the responsibility of transmitting power to other parts, lubricates different components of the machine and ease their movement. However, since the used fluid in pneumatic press machines, is air - or gas -, not only the lubricating task has to be done separately, but also there would be a need to a separate effort in order to eliminate the existing moisture in the air. Needless to say that the used fluid in both machines, has to be free of all dust, pollution and impurities.
- Since a hydraulic press machine, in comparison to a pneumatic one, generates a much bigger power, which can even reach figures around 1000 MPa in some special cases, its constitutive components have to be stronger and more resistant.
- Pneumatic presses are not accurate in low paces and do not have a proper efficiency, while hydraulic presses always act precisely.
- Hydraulic systems provide better returns in comparison to pneumatic systems.
- Since a pneumatic system comprises of less components, in comparison to a hydraulic one, there would be fewer need to repair and maintenance efforts, which can diminish production expenditures to a great extent.
- Consequences of possible fluid-leakage in a hydraulic system are crucial and more dangerous than in a pneumatic one. In case of leakage in a hydraulic system, a hot compressed liquid would eject from the machine with high pressure, which is perilous, and can subsequently causes environmental contamination. Whereas the result of such incident in a pneumatic system is merely the leakage of compressed air, which would cause less pollution.
- Fluid level in hydraulic press machines is measured in specific intervals, therefore if it shrinks to a lower level than the allowed limit, may cause a gap in power transmission system and consequently reduces machine power.
- higher speed is the main advantage of a pneumatic system when comparing it to a hydraulic one.
Pneumatic systems are used in various fields of industry and their advantages, such as higher pace, adequate power, being environmentally friendly, consuming fewer energy and being economical, have made them the most popular press system among industrial producers.
Resemblances between pneumatic and hydraulic systems:
- Same efficiency rate with equal quality.
- The feasibility of precise adjustment and altering the length of the course.
- The generated tonnage is equal all through the course.
Advantages of a pneumatic press machine:
- Since air exists all around us, the required fluid for this system is easily accessible.
- Compressed air is safe, harmless and non-combustible.
- Compressed air is clean and environmentally friendly.
- Constitutive components of a pneumatic system are simple and need fewer maintenance and repair.
- Changes in the environmental conditions around the machine, such as humidity, temperature etc., would have no substantial effect on its function.
- The generated power in a pneumatic system is adjustable and can be set higher or lower.
- Despite their simple structure and design, pneumatic systems are substantially precise.
- These systems are highly flexible.
- Since these systems utilize compressed air, they have great efficiency.
Disadvantages of a pneumatic system:
- Regardless of the fact that either you are about to buy a pneumatic system or build one, the first and the most important factor that needs attention, is the existence of impurities, such as moisture and dust, in the air, which can cause machine malfunction. Hence it is highly recommended to use suitable filters in the structure of the compressors.
- The more machine compresses the air, expenditures rise progressively. Hence generating greater powers in a pneumatic system is reasonable until a certain point, and if more power is required, it would be more rational to use a hydraulic system.
- Discharged air during the evacuation makes an annoying noise. Therefore, it is recommended to wear a silencer device or a headset.
- One of the main flaws in a pneumatic system is that, since this system utilizes a cylinder in order to compress the air and enforce power, it cannot provide a constant & uniform speed.
Pneumatic presses are highly in use in metal and non-metal industries, and each of them holds certain specifications.
Some of their usage in metal industry are named in below:
- Ball bearing pneumatic press machine
- Galvanized sheet pneumatic press machine
- Metal washer pneumatic press machine
- Steel sheet pneumatic press machine
- Metal shavings compressor pneumatic press machine
- Stroke pneumatic press machine
Various types of pneumatic press machines based on their function:
- Toggle Press pneumatic press machine
- Direct-Acting pneumatic press machine
Essential tips for purchasing a pneumatic press machine:
Numerous factors have to be taken into account while one is about to purchase. Those parameters which contribute to determine the price of a machine vary and are numerous. Paying attention to these parameters can guarantee a successful purchase to a good extent.
Preceding the purchase, you need to determine your desires about a press machines type and how you want it work. After this, it would be better to specify features of the piece of work and the required tonnage to compress it. Paying attention to specifications of the final product such as material, dimensions etc., could be a profound help in making a decision about choosing the right type of the pneumatic press machine you need.
In case your intended process, such as assembling, sheet drawing (sheet stretching), stamping, cutting or shearing, pressing, bending, riveting etc., do not demand high precision, or for some reasons, it does not seem rational and economical to spend your budget on a new machine, please bear in mind that using second-hand machines could be an alternative option for your task. Our experienced consultants in Factorneed, are ready to offer you important technical and trading tips while buying an industrial machine and assist you in a safe and guaranteed purchase.
Essential tips that have to be taken into account while buying a pneumatic press machine:
- Share details and specifications of your product (or the piece of work), such as the blue-print and a thorough description, with the provider.
- Make a list of all your requirements and discuss it with the provider company.
- A pneumatic press machine would be a reasonable choice if you need high speeds in your production line.
- Pneumatic press machines occupy less space than other kinds of press machines; thus they are more reasonable to use while you are in shortage of enough space.
- Since, generally, pneumatic cylinders are used in the structure of pneumatic systems in order to generate either linear or rotary power, it is essential to pay close attention to their various types. Hence, different kinds of pneumatic cylinders are listed below:
- Rectifier Pneumatic Cylinders
- Dual-Head Dual-purpose Pneumatic Cylinders
- Single-head Sheet Pneumatic Cylinders
- Curtain Air Cylinders (Diaphragm Air Cylinders)
- Dual Cylinders
- Combinational Cylinders (Synthetic Cylinders)
- Stroke Cylinders
- Rotary Cylinders
- Pay close attention to pneumatic regulator while trying to buy a pneumatic press machine. This component keeps the pressure of line of compressed air, uniform. Regulators vary and are different in range, function and material of their body. Based on their structure, they are classified as:
- Spring Loading Pneumatic Regulators
- Pilot Regulators
- In contrast to hydraulic machines, pneumatic press machines require a lubrication system. Based on your needs and budget, you can choose between a manual lubricator or an automatic one.
- While buying a pneumatic press machine, make sure you mandate the seller company to use high quality hoses and joints in the structure of the machine. Remember that any minor flaw or leakage in one these parts, would diminish the machine efficiency to a great extent.
- Preceding to your purchase, take pneumatic valves, which are sold in two different forms of manual and automatic, into account. Some types of automatic pneumatic valves are listed below for your record:
- Direction Controller Pneumatic Valve
- Pilot Distributer Pneumatic Valve
- Pressure Controller Pneumatic Valve
- Pro….. Pneumatic Valve
- Uniform Pneumatic Valve
- Some of most prominent producers of pneumatic valves are: Festo, Metalwork , Asco , Rexroth, Airtac, Nergren et.
- If you are about to buy a pneumatic press machine, pay close attention to important components such as pneumatic dehumidifiers, transmission systems, frame material, press base, pneumatic motor etc., and inform the seller company about your needs of these components.
- Make sure you inform the seller company about the required machine tonnage and capacity.
- If your task requires a C-Frame type of pneumatic press machines, make sure you clear the situation to the seller company and the size of the machine mouth.
- Pneumatic press machines controller systems are numerous and variable. You’d better to clarify your needs about the intended type of controller system to the seller company.
The Italian company G.P.A is a reputable company with a history in the field of pneumatic production. From pneumatic units to design and manufacture of industrial pneumatic presses. See an example of the company's products in the video below.
More information about Pneumatic Presses Machines
Advantages and disadvantages of hydraulic pneumatic presses
As its name demonstrates, this type of press machine utilizes air as well as a liquid fluid in order to generate and transmit power, thus takes advantage of cons of both systems.Read More
Selected films of manufacturers of pneumatic presses and hydro-pneumatic presses
Pneumatic press machines are among the presses that can start working with very high speed. These presses do not take up too much space because the equipment used in them is shorter and smaller than other types of presses. According to FactorNeed experts, the buyer should increase their technical knowledge before buying pneumatic presses. The following videos and descriptions can be helpful for this purpose.Read More